Village Gangster Rapist Threatens Late Victim’s Family

Spread the love

Yussif Abdul Fatau, the man standing trial for raping 18 years old Ayisha Fuseini at Safam, near Diare in the Savelugu Municipality has threatened the family of his rape victim.

The victim who died shortly at the Tamale Teaching hospital few days after the incident, was reported to have bleeded profusely for days.

The suspect took to his social media handle to threatened the victim’s family over the death of their daughter.

While in his hide out in Accra, Yussif Abdul Fatau aka Samanga uses his facebook page to launch scantic attacks on the late Ayisha Fuseini’s (the rape victim who died) brother.

He was arrested by the Northern Regional Police Command during his visit the village.

Samanga was hiding in Accra for the past one year after committing hineous crime in Savelugu.

The police got a tip off that the suspect back and was apprehended in Savelugu.

A police operation with support from community members resulted in the arrest of the suspect at his residence in Savelugu.

The suspect fled the community in June 2021 after news emerged that the victim had died at the Tamale Teaching hospital.

The Northern Region Crime Officer, Supt. Bernard Baba Ananga, who confirmed the arrest said on Friday, April 22, 2022, the police had information that the suspect was back in the community and therefore went to arrest him.

Supt. Ananga indicated that the suspect has been arraigned before the Tamale District Magistrate court and had been charged with murder.

He stated that the docket has been forwarded to the Attorney General’s office for advise.

The suspect reappeared in court on May 5,2022 and case adjourned to 19th May, 2022.

It will be recalled that on Sunday, May 30, 2021, an 18-year-old lady (name withheld) was hospitalized at the Savelugu hospital after she was allegedly raped by one Yussif Abdul Fatawu at Safam.

The incident was reported at the Diare chief palace and when the father was queried, he admitted his son confessed to committing the crime.

The Diare chief then ordered the family to produce the suspect to be handed over to the police.

He also fined the family of the suspect GHS3,500 which was paid and handed over to the victim’s family to settle their hospital bills.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *